Whether through a revolutionary women in craft beer festival or the boundary pushing Extreme Beer Festival, Next Glass crafts one of a kind experiences. Across our brands – Untappd, Hop Culture, BeerAdvocate, Ollie, Oznr and Fermentable – our number one priority is safety. We are committed to providing a safe, respectful, harassment-free, and fun environment for everyone regardless of sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, national origin, religion, or other characteristics not listed here.
MISSION & CORE VALUES
Next Glass celebrates innovation, creativity, and diversity within the craft beer community. In unique venues across the country, Next Glass festivals bring together drinkers and brewers to enjoy their favorite beers, celebrate various cultures, and recognize the accomplishments and achievements of pioneers in the craft beer space.
To align with our core values, all festival participants, including but not limited to brewery staff, vendors, and attendees are expected to:
• Contribute to a positive environment that is free of hostile and offensive behaviors.
• Respect the opinions of others and yourself by addressing conflicts in a positive and constructive manner.
• Report misconduct and/or incidents of hostile or offensive behaviors, harassment, discriminiation, or violence.
• Comply with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
• Comply with all venue and festival policies and procedures, and instructions provided by festival staff.
• Festival staff, venue staff, brewery representatives, exhibitors, sponsors, vendors and attendees (collectively “event participants”) will be held to the highest standards and are required to conduct themselves in a professional, respectful, and responsible manner that is in accordance with the Festival Mission and Core Values
Cooperation is expected from all event participants, and event staff will actively enforce this code during events. Misconduct includes, but is not limited to:
• Illegal, irresponsible, or unsafe use of alcohol.
• Use of Illegal substances.
• Verbal comments that reinforce social structures of dominance related to sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, national origin, religion, or other characteristic not listed here.
• Obscene or offensive gestures, including the use of obscene or offensive gestures through imagery, symbolism, banners, signs, or other visuals deemed offensive.
• Unwelcome sexual attention, advances, or other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature that interferes with or intrudes upon an individual’s enjoyment of or participation in the festival.
• Fighting or engaging in any action that may harm, endanger, threaten, or bring discomfort to other people or personal property.
• Creating an intimidating, hostile, or offensive environment including but not limited to taunting, physical or verbal advances, remarks, bullying, offensive jokes, harassing, taking or sharing of sexually explicit pictures, intimidation, or stalking.
• Harassing photography or recording.
• Participating in any activity that humiliates anyone or insults their dignity.
• Distracting, interacting with, or in any way interfering with a service animal.
• Accessing restricted areas without proper credentials.
• Sustained disruption of event programming.
• Advocating for or encouraging any of the above behavior.
Next Glass Festivals are curated, invite only events. Prior to extending an invite to participate in a festival, the Next Glass events team evaluates each brewery holistically to ensure they will contribute to an innovative, diverse, and welcoming event. When vetting a brewery, we are looking for partners who share our mission and values while brewing great beer, but we are really excited when we have the opportunity to partner with brewers who demonstrate leadership in brewing and advocacy by supporting equity and diversity in the workplace.
Event participants are responsible for conducting themselves in accordance with this policy and helping to enforce this policy should they be witness to misconduct.
On site at the festival, event participants should feel free to speak up without fear of retaliation when the actions of others violate the rights of any individuals or groups.
Misconduct can be reported by:
Should it come to the attention of event organizers that the actions or representations of a festival participant violate and/or do not uphold the mission and core values of Next Glass, we reserve the right to remove all offending parties or organizations from the event at any time. Next Glass reserves the right to revoke a festival participant’s invitation to the festival if we believe that their involvement may damage the integrity of the event and/or create an uncomfortable or unwelcoming environment for other participants.
Upon receiving a report and/or witnessing misconduct, event staff and security will assess, investigate, and take the appropriate measures. If any event participant is found to have engaged in a form of misconduct, event organizers will take action to keep the event a safe, respectful, inclusive, and fun environment for everyone. Action may include, but is not limited to, issuing a verbal or written warning to the offender, ejection from the event without a refund, or reporting criminal activity to local law enforcement.
Whenever reasonably possible, the privacy of all parties will be maintained during an investigation and the person making the complaint will be kept informed and notified when the investigation is completed.
If requested, our team will help you to contact your emergency contact, hotel, venue security, local law enforcement, and/or local support services. Our team will also provide escorts or other assistance to help you to feel safe during the event.
This Code of Conduct is a community pledge for all participants to ensure a safe, welcoming, and inclusive festival for all. By participating in a Next Glass event, you agree to be held to the standards outlined in this Code of Conduct. You also agree that, should you attend a Next Glass event and fail to comply with this Code of Conduct, Next Glass reserves the right to pursue any remedies deemed appropriate.